hey everyone,
So i attended that registration event the other night and putting the event aside for a minute- it was really cute to see all of you again! That was the first time we were all together during a big "bonding" orientation week and it was really nice to see all of you and be together again. Anyways- although the event was not a booming success it was nice to be able to help out a few girls. As pre-med I got a few pre-med questions which was cool. It was nice to ease the nervousness about registering for classes and beign pre-med in general. The other night I went to a different random event and I saw one of my mentees there so that was cute. It is cute to see them around and say hello and see how they are doing ...and just have this little connection to the freshman/sophmore class in general! it makes the school seem less big for me and so I hope that is the same effect it has on them...make the school seem more of a warm, less big and overwhelming place. even if our mentees are not too good at responding ot our emails, or comign to our events...just by seeing them around and saying hello...I think that is a big part of this program and a big part of helping them feel more at home in Stern College! good lukc on finals everyone!
Esti
After the registration event, we received positive feedback. The students that went really appreciated having all of the Peer Mentors there. And I think continuing to have events like this will make the school seem as you said, less big.
ReplyDelete