Monday, December 27, 2010

Hey guys! Joanna, so sorry to hear that your leaving but I'm sure you'll love it there- the weather has got to beat NY thats for sure lol and hopefully well all still keep in touch! I was going to make an event this week but everyone was pretty stressed about finals and wanted to focus on work so I figured it would be smarter to try to make one at the beginning of next semester. I actually became friends with a bunch of the first year on campus students that live on my floor so I was talking to a lot of them about different teachers and trying to calm them down about their finals. One of my mentees is on my floor too which is really cute. One of my roommates actually goes to sleep really early so I do work in the hallway which is when I see all of them, its actually pretty funny. I haven't been able to help with all of their majors but I was able to direct them to the right people that they could talk to which was very helpful. I would have been a lot less stressed out my first year here if I had that so I definitely understand how they are feeling. Good luck on finals everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Miriam! I hope to keep checking the blog to be informed about what's going on.
    I agree that having someone to help direct the students of who to talk to if you can't answer their questions is more helpful than you can imagine. Many students really don't know the resources available to them on campus.

    ReplyDelete